DEPARTMENT OF COOPERATIVE GOVERNANCE AND TRADITIONAL AFFAIRS
Directions to applicants Applications must be submitted on formZ.83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications (a transcript of results must be attached), driver’s license, identity document and a C.V. (Separate application for every vacancy). Applicants are requested to complete the Z83 form properly and in full. Qualification certificates must not be copies of certified copies. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with these instructions will not be considered. The onus is on the applicants to ensure that their applications are posted or hand delivered timeously. Candidates who possess foreign qualifications and/or short courses certificates must take it upon themselves to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), and must please attach proof of the level of their qualifications after evaluation on all applications. No e-mailed or faxed applications will be considered. Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within 4 months of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
POST: MUNICIPAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR
REFERENCE NO: COGTA 3/2010
SALARY: Salary level 9 – A basic salary of R192 540 per annum.
Appropriate Bachelors Degree or equivalent qualification with relevant experience in a similar environment.
It will be expected from the successful candidate to:
– Have a good knowledge of the Municipal Finance Management Act
– Be prepared to write a test during the interview
- Assist in assessing the feedback given by 5 District and 20 Local Municipalities on the implementation status of remedial actions to be implemented based on deficiencies pointed out by the Auditor-General in compliance, performance and forensic audits.
- Assist in assessing the effective implementation of Resolutions with a bearing on 5 District and 20 Local Municipalities taken by the Provincial Public Accounts Committee of the Free State Legislature and giving feedback to the Committee via the Free State Provincial Treasury.
- Rendering support to District/Local Municipalities on implementing remedial actions required by the Auditor-General and the Provincial Public Accounts Committee of the Free State Legislature.
- Rendering a financial administrative support service to District and Local Municipalities upon request.
- Monitoring Councilor Remuneration in terms of the requirements of the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 (Act No. 56 of 2003) and report and advise thereon.
- Collect and analyse financial information and performance indicators from Annual financial statements to prepare assessment reports for the MEC as required in the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 (Act No. 56 of 2003).
Mr. PF Botha: Telephone number: 051 407 6703
APPLICATION FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF COOPERATIRVE GOVERNANCE AND TRADITONAL AFFAIRS TO BE SUBMITTED TO:
Quoting the reference number, must be forwarded to Ms. S. Phillips, P.O Box 211, Bloemfontein 9300 or delivered by Hand in the box provided in the entrance at Lebohang Building Bloemfontein